PHOTOS: WEEK 1 - WEDNESDAY (ISLAND)




Media Intern EH

I took 24 hours out of my week and spent it at the island. Although I was there to take photos and video (see some below), I was flooded with memories of when I was an island camper. While watching campers participate in cheers, devotions, cooking meals over the fire and the bog run, I remembered doing those same things 6 years ago. And while the stench of the biffy is still engraved in my brain from all those years ago, so are the things I learned about myself and God. If I were to look back to where I started taking my faith seriously and started seeing myself as valuable and loved, it was on that 22 acre island. Its only Wednesday and I could see that same thing was happening to the kids who are there this week. The Island is a special place where special things happen everyday. With phones, time, mirrors and the rest of the world stripped away, God can show himself in incredible ways.